Saturday, September 17, 2005

SHF - Dionisólia cooks the standards

For my first participation in Sugar High Friday, kindly hosted by Elise of Simply Recipes, with Custard as a theme I thought I would go with the standards. Coming from a musical family I often heard the line 'There's no need for originality as long as one is authentic'.
So, here it is. One of Portugal's most famous and traditional desserts - Leite Creme - an opportunity to use some gifts from my great grand aunt and actually post a really easy recipe

1. Warm 0.5lt milk with lemon peel and cinnamon stick
2. Let it cool for a little bit and remove the lemon and cinnamon.
3. Ligthly beat 8 egg yolks with 180g sugar
4. Slowly mix in some milk into the yolks (do not do it the other way round or it will be ruined) until completely mixed
5. In a pan, slowly heat up the mixture until it has gained consistency. Remove from the heat and let it cool, prefereably over ice.
6. Sprinke with sugar and caramelize (I used the heart shaped iron in the picture)

Voilá!


Take a look at the round up here.

1 Comments:

Blogger Rosa said...

nham nham! e o prato (Savavém?) também é lindo :)

9:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home